Thursday, October 29, 2009

Culture

Traveling place to place it is no surprise that me and my family ended up Africa again. Being a family of six we always have something to entertain us, and we always are able to learn about other cultures. I'm Caroline I'm american but now I live in Morocco, I have a dog, 2 sisters, mom, and dad. I have lived in Alabama, Chennai, Accra, Nalerigu, D.C, and now Morocco. As we travel around I get to know more cultures, and from them have more traditions. I am trying to write about my culture but I do not know where to began. I was born in Nalerigu and lived there for a long time, when we left we took away their culture of food that is really good. In Alabama we always went to a southern church, and now we always go. India we took away the festivals and traditions. I could go on talking about my culture but the last thing that I will say is that everywhere I lived has helped shape my culture to what it is today.



Morocco/D.C

When I first came to Morocco I didn’t know what to expect. When we got in the van and started to drive the first thing I realized was the driving, the crazy unfamiliar, driving. It was so much different then D.C people were frequently honking horns,quickly swerving into the next line, yelling to one another out of their car, and not moving to the side of the road when ambulances come by, it was crazy. In D.C, it was orderly nobody honked that munch and you didn’t run a red light. After a few days though I got used to the driving, but then came Ramadan. People come early back from work, causing traffic to be worse, and the people were in a rush. Without letting you know they would cut you off, my mom had to push the brakes so hard we almost crashed. my dad then became frustrated and got mad “ these people need to get out of the cotton pick’n road.” he would yell. But once Ramadan ended my dad went back to normal and the driving died down .When I fist came to Morocco I didn’t know what to expect, now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment